Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Welcome

As always it is a friend who prods me into it. Last year it was Theresa Williams who asked me to take part in the April Poem A Day project. This year it is Sandeep Apte who prompted me to participate in National Poetry Writing Month project (http://www.napowrimo.net/) and so here I am.

I made a determined effort last year to write every day. But after half time, I became irregular and then managed just about to write. This year is going to be different. That's what I told myself. Let me see how to make it work. The easy way out is to dip into collections of the past. But the intent is to write something fresh, of the moment and for the moment. That way the spirit would be alive.

I need your support in the form of comments - good, bad or ugly. Friends and Diamonds are forever.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I hope you don't consider this intrusive. I found your blog on www.napowrimo.net, and am also planning on participating. I thought it would be good motivation to find other people who were writing throughout this month as well. My blog is here: http://through-a-mirror.blogspot.com/ if you care to add. If not, you can disregard this comment.

    Good luck on your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toranse. Far from intrusive, your comment is like an unexpected gift. In fact, my first impulse was to write on the mirror. Somehow I nudged it aside. But truly through this month I am going to try and look at myself and my life as it has unfolded. It would be nice to have you as a fellow traveller. Good luck to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam Alibhai!

    May the shaayar revel & bloom every day this April!

    Here is wishing you the very best and may the muse be with you at every step!

    Enjoy yourself & cheers!

    Sandeep

    ReplyDelete
  4. April is a great month to make resolutions; much better than January, at least in these parts where January is cold and bleak. Everything is just coming back to life here, including words. Blessings, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete