Sunday, April 18, 2010

Walls

Inspired by Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory (1931)
Image from www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archive/6607

They spoke of the injustice

I meted out to them

over the centuries.

“Any history in which

We don’t figure

Is not our history.”

They made it simple and clear.

It’s like all your floors

uprooted and hurled

over back of beyond.

I cling to the only thing

available –

The walls.

All my life

I put up walls

To mark my ground -

My ground.

Here come the yuppies

To question my

Foundations speaking

Some alien language.

They can’t take a location

Ha! There’s no floor left.

I make a suggestion –

Let’s pull the walls down

And see if we can make a floor

Out of those.

The yuppies are still thinking

With their stuckness,

I have become the wallclock.



No comments:

Post a Comment